Monday, April 29, 2013

Chatterbait Spring Smallmouth 4/26 and 4/27

River was wide, not very deep.
A fast floating thrill ride Indians called Rock Creek.
Went for a float with a bike named Jim.
Caught so many bass,
I named the river after him.
Jim ran brown and Jim ran gray
Jim was green by the end of day.
Well, I cranked 'em deep and I cranked 'em long.
But it's my yellow chatterbait of which I sing my song.
Drug her slow in slow water early.
As the day drew on, 'twas water shallow made 'em surly.
One bass, rock bass, green bass, Spotted bass, Grand Slam.
Chatterbait heating, nothing small came to hand
6 mile covered, arm was really sore.
Now I see today,
The rain has washed it all away.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

21 Bass- 19 SMB ( 19.75???", 4-17-17.5", 16", 3-15") 1LMB, 1KY, 4 Rock Bass

Very cool trip. Got out the next day (Saturday) out east by 1PM, was worn out by the bike ride from day before.Thought I'd duplicate based on euphoria with my newly arrived St.Croix Warranty rods. Looked good half hour in, got a 17.5" right away on chatter, lost another as big on crank. Somewhat slow going and lots of poop coating everything down from a small town. Smelled of animal feces. Got some more smallies, but was relieved to reach my take out at 5pm. Yanked the stem out of my bike tire trying to inflate and it went flat. Walked back to the car across two dry farm fields. Saved a lot of time. Hog pooh wafted in the air as I walked back. Yick. I think I won the pooh trifecta of man, cow, and hog, on my boots, burned into my nostrils and brain.

Image
7 SMB- (17.5", 2-16", 15")

 

No comments:

Post a Comment