Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More kayak rust removed. 3/3 and 3/4

Tuesday, I got out to hit a large, deep pool at a covered bridge, where it was rumoured a 6 lbs smallie was once the Indiana State record. needed the kayak to fish. After 29 fish the day before, the cold finally was freezing eddies up. The day ended with zero bites and a total skunk. First this winter. Got plenty of exercise in the kayak though.







Today I floated down on another creek and disassembled a large wintering pool. Got this 16.25" smallmouth bass on black,green and yellow fly jig down about 3.5' in the first 15 minutes. Again, one third of the eddie was slushed. It took another hour at least before I located the next fish and then 4 more fell in quick succession before I made my way paddling back up to the car.




No comments:

Post a Comment