Monday, January 26, 2009

Paulaner Salvator DoppelBock



I am buzzed off some 7.9% Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock. Brewed in Munich, Germany. It is one smooth Doppelbock. Almost a light dopplebock. It is a good beer to have with friends when you want to get stupid with a smooth drinking beer. Deceptive. Nothing negative about the taste, but it also doesn't take any risks. The usual carmel maltiness that doppelbocks are famous for without the thickn sugaryness or any bitter flavors. Nice. I like it a lot, but not for the same reason Schneider Aventinus is a masterpiece.

Definately go get some if you like Doppelbocks

3 comments:

  1. BT - where in Indiana are you finding those awesome German Beers!

    I live in Putnam County but work in Indy. I retired from the Air Force a few years ago and was stationed in Germany for ten of my 20 years so of course I am a German Beer lover!

    All I find around my area is crappy stuff - St. Pauli at Wally World - occasionally some Warsteiner (good beer in Germany but everything I have had from Wal Mart seems "skunky" or aged)

    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Weihenstephaner Products are pretty widely available As is Schneider.

    JD, the Hopshop on 96th by the Claddagh or Kahn's wines on Keystone near Broadripple. You can often find them in regular liqour stores if you know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hit or miss at liqour stores and you don't know how long they've been there.

    ReplyDelete