Here are some of my worst enemies while stream fishing for smallmouth bass. No particular order.
1) Wood Nettles
2) Poison Ivy
3) Wind knots
4) Fresh Laydowns with lots of grabby underwater branches
5) Nosey, protective landowners
6) Bad boots/footwear
7) Cold rain/cool day.
8) Sunny sunshine- unless Spring, late Fall.
10) Meat fishermen who eat bronze basses
11) People who litter
12) Cotton- Wet cotton- Wet cotton rubbing thighs.
13) Rodents- Beavers, Muskrats, Ground Hogs, Possums, etc. Furry swimmers can go to HELL. Stay the "F" away from me.
14) Carp- I don't care if they are fun to catch fly fishermen. They are trash waste of biomass and deserve an arrow through them.
15) eroded banks
16) 10#/2 dia braid- Sammy launcher sans line.
18) Indescrimminate shooters who can't contain their load.
19) Ride revoakers.
20) Mr. Race to the best spot guy so I can cast first all the time and let you catch dinks inbetween guy.
21) Slimey, slippery algae.
22) Knee buster wades
23) Sweat in the eyes
24) Salt from sweat in the eyes.
25) Out of Backpack Buddies
27) Monster truckers driving in the creek
29) Deer Flies
30) Gnats in the moutheyesandears
32)Peoples with nets
33) Crazy Wood Folk
34) Algae blooms from our runoff
35) 0' visibility water clarity
36) Broken tip top
37) That road ain't supposed to be there/ There is supposed to be a road here according to the map.
38) Grumpy fishing partner
39) Overly competitive fishing partner
40) Energy overload- Red Bulls, cigarettes, Power Bars- you just might turn into the HULK.